Happy official Book Blog Birthday! Since I have a website for all of my author and writing endeavors, I really wanted to resurrect Unearthing Words and make it a book blog. I read a LOT. I have been reviewing books on Goodreads for a long time but have wanted to participate in challenges, buddy reads, etc. I have decided this is the best place to do it. So, without further ado, here is my inaugural post for 2016!
BOOKS I WANT TO FINALLY READ IN 2017:
- The Last Herald Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey // This is an older trilogy, but one that was far ahead of its time in its themes, symbolism, and storyline. I can’t wait to follow Vanyel on his journey!
- The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss // I have heard nothing but fantastic things about this series – – including that it is many people’s favorite duology. I am eagerly anticipating seeing what all the fuss is about.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas // I am currently reading her Throne of Glass series and an loving it. If this series is half as good as that one, I will be pleased. All the fanart out there is making me so curious!
- The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett // This series sounds like so much fun, I can’t even tell you. I love Scotland as a setting and an looking forward to getting lost in Francis’ story.
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer // This series has been making the rounds forever and I’m so utterly behind. It sounds so interesting with its mixture of genres. Super looking forward to it.
These are obviously all series books, but I read so much that it isn’t a stretch to say I’ll read these and many many more in 2017. I’m a big fantasy reader, so most of these fall into that category if not all.
What are you reading these days? What are your top 5 books you’re looking forward to reading in 2017?
**Want to join in the fun? Come be a part of our Top 5 group on Goodreads!**