Top 5 Wednesday is a tag used by Goodreads readers and other bloggers weekly to discuss books and specific topics. For more information, check out the Goodreads group.
Hmm. I’ve never hosted an all-out New Year’s Eve party, but I’ve been to one of two in my day. This was actually a hard tag for me, as I certainly don’t want to copy the other choices I’ve seen folks make. We’ll see if I’m up for the challenge!
- Jax from the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova
- Jax is a beast and a major bag of cats. I think he would be a riot at parties with his wit and charm along with that slightly manic energy that has everyone in a room scratching their heads, feeling slightly uncomfortable, and entertained all at once.
- Perival Endicott Whyborne from the Whyborne and Griffin series by Jordan L. Hawk
- This precious little cinnamon roll would feel so awkward at a party and be a wallflower for sure. His shy nature and propensity to shun the spotlight would be a perfect example for fellow introverts. They’d have someone to gravitate towards and stand watching the merrymakers with.
- Howl from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- I mean, he’s a wizard, right? Think of all the magic tricks he could do to wow the crowd! As much of a ham as he is in any situation, he’d be sure to hog the spotlight.
- Bob from the Hearstrikers series by Rachel Aaron
- Similar to Jax’s manic energy, Bob would be a must-have addition to any party. The Seer would no doubt be attempting to orchestrate the outcome of every situation to his satisfaction, all while delivering witty, pithy, cryptic remarks that leave everyone baffled and frustrated.
- Yokozawa Takafumi from Yokozawa Takafumi no Baai by Miyako Fujisaki and Shungiku Nakamura
- Because every party needs a tsundere in attendance.
Who would you invite to your New Year’s Eve party? Share one of your picks in the comments!
Happy Wednesday, everyone!